Racial equity and justice are a fundamental necessity for a socially and economically healthy nation.
The historic under-funding of organisations led by people experiencing racial inequity has undermined progress toward this ambition. Our efforts need to be rooted in a better understanding of the interconnected nature of racial inequity and injustice across all parts of our strategy. Providing support that is sustainable, accessible and responsive will enable these organisations to create a more equitable future, while determining for themselves the best way they can thrive and achieve impact.
What we want to achieve
- Impact goals
- Improved systems, policy and practice
- Organisations are strengthened to use their power to tackle systemic injustice and inequity
- Organisations work together and build movements to tackle systemic injustice and inequity
- Long-term outcomes
- Organisations working towards racial justice across our strategy, led by people experiencing racial inequity, are financially resilient and socially transformative.
- Racial inequity in leadership is challenged and changed.
- Disproportionate harm caused by racial injustice in systems, policy and practice is reduced.
If you are interested in applying for funding under this priority, please see our guidance for support. You can also watch our Q&A webinar on our priorities for Racial justice, Gender justice, and Migrant justice.