Our vision is for Esmée to have a diverse team of staff and Trustees – with the skills, knowledge, experience, networks and insights required to deliver our strategic plan.
We hope that the members of our team – together and individually – lead by example and live up to our values and commitments in working with each other and with others, as well as in everything that they do.
To support our team to do this, we have developed a People Plan, which includes guidance on how we recruit, work with, manage, develop and support our passionate and committed team.
Esmée’s culture is defined by a set of values and behaviours that have been developed with our trustee and staff team. Our culture is underpinned by common sense, mutual respect and personal responsibility.
Approach to recruitment
We want our application and assessment process to be accessible to everyone. If you have a disability or long-term condition, we may be able to make adjustments and encourage you to get in touch to let us know how we can better support you.
Guide to our recruitment process:
- We use external professional expertise for recruitment, working with agencies and consultancies that reflect our values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We work alongside the professional recruiter to ensure that every aspect of the process is inclusive and that we achieve a diverse shortlist. This includes:
- Recognising the value and importance of lived experience as well as qualifications.
- Where possible, prioritising programmes and opportunities that reach and engage under-represented communities.
- Where appropriate, providing interview questions in advance so shortlisted candidates can prepare.
- We use a two-stage process to assess shortlisted candidates: a practical exercise relevant to the role; and an interview structured using an agreed set of questions that are asked of all candidates.
Employees receive a range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday a year (plus Public Holidays)
- Flexible working approach
- 12.5% contributory pension
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal Development scheme
- Give As You Earn scheme
- Sabbatical (after 7 years’ continuous employment)
In addition, we also have a strong commitment to the professional development of staff.