Migration is a vital part of UK life.
The power and leadership of those with experience of migration, asylum and detention are essential to achieve a society where migrants, refugees and asylum seekers have the tools and resources to understand and advocate for their rights, have their rights protected and can live in safety.
Working in partnership, we will support the development of a just legislative framework, a less polarising public narrative and on ensuring that migrants have access to legal help that enables them to secure their rights.
What we want to achieve
- Impact goals
- Improved systems, policy and practice
- Organisations are strengthened to use their power to tackle systemic injustice and inequity
- Organisations work together and build movements to tackle systemic injustice and inequity
- Long-term outcomes
- Migrants have improved access to legal help to exercise their rights.
- Legislation and support ensure that migrants' rights are protected, and reflects their needs.
- Public understanding and discussion of migration issues is better informed, particularly by those with lived experience of the migration system.
If you are interested in applying for funding under this priority, please see our guidance for support. You can also watch our Q&A webinar on our priorities for Racial justice, Gender justice, and Migrant justice.