When communities have ownership of local land, housing, and services, they have a stake in more than just assets.
We believe that community ownership could help rebuild local economies, and should play a central role in creating collaborative, thriving, and green local economies for all.
What we want to achieve
- Impact goal
Local economies work better for the people who live there
- Long term outcomes
- Communities are central to rebuilding local economies in recovering from COVID-19 and in the future
- There is an increase in models of community ownership and regeneration (of land, assets, housing, and services) across the UK
- Increased models of economic development rooted in social and environmental justice and a green recovery
- Local economies address inequality
- Locally rooted institutions use their purchasing power and assets to achieve greater social and economic justice in their communities
- Sustainable enterprise and natural solutions are the building blocks of regeneration