LocalMotion is a joint initiative by six funders and six places across the UK to support communities in a more radical, joined-up way.
Together, we set out to use our collective resources, experience and strengths to maximise the 'power of place' working with local partners to challenge existing norms and shape philanthropic practice.
LocalMotion's ultimate goal is to inspire new ways of tackling the common social, economic and environmental issues that communities face, so they can thrive and flourish.
- The six places are:
- The six funders include:
Connection to Esmée's strategy
- Long-term outcomes
- Local people exert more influence over the decisions that affect their lives and their communities.
- Local people lead an aspirational vision of what they want their community to be.
- The power of people taking collective action leads to fairer and more equitable communities.
- Local communities are the driver of transformational change in their local economies.
- Community driven regeneration contributes to reducing climate impact and restoring nature.