All grants from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation are accepted on the understanding that the following general terms and conditions are agreed.
Terms & Conditions
Use of money
- The grant will be spent on the purpose approved by the Foundation.
- All grant funds provided by the Foundation must be used solely for charitable purposes.
- The grant will not be paid until you have submitted your bank details form and a copy of a bank statement/letter no older than three months and any other specific requirements detailed in the section above. The official start date of the grant is the date at which the payment is received and you should not use our grant before then.
- You will inform us of any material change to the project/proposal or your organisation, none of which will be made without our agreement. You must inform us of any material changes, even if you have not yet drawn down the funding.
- Material change shall mean any significant change to your grant’s expenditure, your grant’s outcomes, any serious financial or governance issue facing your organisation, or any safeguarding issue with your organisation and/or your organisation’s staff. If you are not sure whether the issue or change which has arisen is a material change, please err on the side of caution and speak with your Grants Manager.
- You will inform us of any serious incident report your organisation makes to the Charity Commission (or equivalent in Scotland or Northern Ireland) during the lifetime of our grant or any serious incidents that meet this threshold if you are not regulated by the Charity Commission.
- You will send us a progress report as documented in your Grant Terms and Conditions.
- You will keep accurate and comprehensive financial records of the spending associated with our funding and submit these with your progress report at the end of each agreed reporting period.
- We reserve the right to visit you to see the work funded during the life of our funding.
- Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved will be refunded to us.
- We reserve the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if:
- We find that any false information is supplied to the Foundation deliberately
- The work undertaken is not the work for which the funding was approved and where we have not approved these changes
- Your organisation becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or liquidation and the funding has not been on its intended purpose.
- We reserve the right to make public the name of your organisation and the broad nature of our offer, but we won’t disclose the detail except in confidence to our advisers and as required by law and/or by regulators (e.g. Charity Commission)
- We might use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate identity checks. Personal information you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information
- We will use the information you give us during the application process and during the lifetime of any funding for administration, analysis and research purposes. We recognise the need to maintain the confidentiality of vulnerable groups and their details will not be made public in any way, except as required by law.
- We will sometimes add additional conditions to an individual grant to take account of particular circumstances. These will be included in the grant offer letter.