Please note that we updated our strategy for A Fairer Future in July 2022. Read our blog about the changes and the new priorities.
The information on this page refers to our priorities in our original strategy for A Fairer Future.
We want to see more action taking place to prevent problems from occurring, not just to cope with the consequences.
In particular, getting early support to children is vital, whether that is in the first years of life, at key transition points or to counter the negative impact of trauma that can reverberate through lives.
What we want to achieve
- Impact goal
Injustice and structural inequality is challenged and changed
- Long-term outcomes for children and young people
- Many more young children facing disadvantage are able to get quality support in the early years
- Early support for teenagers facing challenges before they reach crisis point (challenges like exploitation, early trauma and/or problems with police, family, school)
- Long-term outcomes for everyone
- There is a shift in the way people and organisations configure or deliver their services towards an earlier or preventative stage
- The root causes that contribute to cycles of disadvantage are identified, challenged, and changed