Below, we share the questions that were used for the Satisfaction Survey, which cover the working relationship between Esmée staff and Collective members as well as how well our work together embodies the values of co-production between young people and organisations. We hope they are useful to others considering doing something similar.
Questions on the working relationship
Staff and IYPC members were asked to read and score a number of statements (from 1 to 5), which covered their experience of the working relationship between Esmée and the IYPC.
- Overall, how do you rate your experience of working with the Collective? (Score from 1-5, where 1 = not at all satisfied, and 5 = extremely satisfied)
- Overall, how do you rate your experience of working with HUDL? (1 = not at all satisfied, and 5 = extremely satisfied)
- How would you rate your level of engagement and interaction with the IYPC? (1 = not at all satisfied, and 5 = extremely satisfied)
Questions on well we live the values of co-production in our work together
For the next series of questions, 1 = not at all, 5 = completely agree unless otherwise stated.
Nothing about us without us
- I feel that my views and suggestions are valued by the collective and HUDL
- I feel that I am listened to, and my perspective is taken into account
- I feel that the Collective is an inclusive working environment
- I feel that the identities in the Collective are safe and celebrated
Transparency and Trust
- I feel informed of relevant news/developments regarding the Collective
- I feel that the Collective has a positive working relationship with Esmée
- I feel connected to the work of the Collective and the team working on the partnership
- I feel that the work of the collective is feeds into the Esmée Fairbairn Strategy
Communicating Expectations and accountability
- I am given sufficient information in order to contribute to meetings and events
- I feel able to communicate my ideas and concerns with the Collective and HUDL
- I feel that our processes and systems help me work well with the Collective
Leadership, training and opportunities
- I am given opportunities to learn new skills and progress within the Esmée and Collective partnership.
- The projects and plans that I’m working on with Collective are helpful to me (1 = not at all helpful, 5 = very helpful)
- I am able to learn new skills through working with the Collective
- I feel that the needs of the Collective are met by HUDL and Esmée Fairbairn
Culture of learning
- I feel that we have a creative, experimental and learning culture
- 20. I feel that the Collective and Esmée collaborate well with each other
Practises around Reflection
- I am given opportunities to feedback and convey my thoughts about the work of the Collective
- I receive regular and constructive feedback on my input to the work of the collective
Measuring and tracking progress
- I feel that we have clear communication channels between Esmée and the Collective
- I feel that I have a responsibility for the impact of the work of The Collective
- I feel that the progress of the Collective is measured and reflected upon
Celebration and Fun
- I enjoy working for the Collective
- I feel recognised and rewarded for my efforts and achievements
Commitment and Longevity
- I feel that action has been taken as a result of our work with the Collective
- I feel confident describing the partnership between Esmée and the Collective (1 = not at all confident, 5 = very confident)
- I feel confident there is a clearly demonstrated commitment to the work of the Collective (1 = not at all confident, 5 = very confident)
For the following questions, respondents could add comments in a free text box.
- What has been a success or highlight in your work with the Collective?
- What have been the challenges and tensions in your work with the Collective?
- What have you personally gained or learned from the process
- Please describe any ideas you have for ways the IYPC could connect with Hudl and/or Esmée.
- How would you rate your experience of working with Esmée and HUDL?
- How would you rate your experience of working the Collective and HUDL
- What more can the Collective and HUDL do to live the values?
- What more can the Esmée do to live the values?