Grant terms and conditions
If you accept a grant from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation it will be on the understanding that you have agreed the following general terms and conditions:
- The grant will be spent on the purpose approved by the Foundation.
- All grant funds provided by the Foundation must be used solely for charitable purposes.
- The grant will not be paid until we received your bank details form and a copy of a bank statement/letter no older than three months.
- No changes to the project/proposal will be made without our agreement. You will also inform us immediately of any proposed change relating to the agreed expenditure or the organisation, its funding position and its governance.You must inform us of any changes to the project even if you have not yet drawn down the funding.
- You will send us a progress report as documented in your Grant Terms and Conditions.
- You will keep accurate and comprehensive financial records of the spending associated with our funding and submit these with your progress report at the end of each agreed reporting period.
- We reserve the right to visit you to see the work funded during the life of our funding.
- Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved will be refunded to us.
- We reserve the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if: we find that any false information is supplied to the Foundation deliberately; The work undertaken is not the work for which the funding was approved and where we have not approved these changes; Your organisation becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or liquidation and the funding has not been spend on its intended purpose.
- We reserve the right to make public the name of your organisation and the broad nature of our offer, but we won't disclose the detail except in confidence to our advisers and as required by law and/or by regulators (e.g. Charity Commission)
- We might use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate identity checks. Personal information you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
- We will use the information you give us during the application process and during the lifetime of any funding for administration, analysis and research purposes. We recognise the need to maintain the confidentiality of vulnerable groups and their details will not be made public in any way, except as required by law.
We will sometimes add additional conditions to an individual grant to take account of particular circumstances. These will be included in the grant offer letter.