The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation aims to improve the quality of life throughout the UK.
Apply for funding
Read our helpful step by step guide.Apply for funding
Efua Dorkenoo OBE
It is with great sadness that the funders of the Tackling FGM Initiative have learnt of the passing of Efua Dorkenoo, OBE, on Saturday the 18th of October.
Efua Dorkenoo was often regarded as the mother of the campaign to end FGM, a campaign she dedicated her life to after witnessing the devastating consequences of the practice during her clinical training in Ghana.Find out more
- “Great to hear grantee @romseymill 's Young Fathers project featured on @BBCCambs - listen again here (1h 7 mins in) bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02…”3 hours ago
- “We are delighted to be hosting an @ethexuk event on their Positive Investment report this afternoon ethex.org.uk/taking-positiv…”3 days ago
- “Two days left to apply for a Grants Manager (Arts) job at Esmee - prospect-us.co.uk/jobs/details/h… #artsjobs”3 days ago
- “So sad to learn of the passing of Efua Dorkenoo OBE, mother of the campaign to end FGM & founder of @FORWARDUK esmeefairbairn.org.uk/news-and-learn…”3 days ago
- “NHS data on female genital mutilation published for the first time theguardian.com/society/2014/o…”1 weeks ago