The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation aims to improve the quality of life throughout the UK.
Apply for funding
Read our helpful step by step guide.Apply for funding
New research from Policy Exchange, funded by Esmée Fairbairn, highlights the importance of parks and other urban green spaces to the social and economic wellbeing of the country.
Providing free outdoor space for exercise, socialising and relaxation, parks can benefit both physical and mental health. However, on average local authority spending on open spaces was cut by 10.5% between 2010/11 and 2012/13 and there is no ring-fence protecting the budget spent on maintaining green spaces. Combined with the increasing demand for housing and other urban development there is a risk that the UK’s parks will deteriorate or become spaces that are the preserve of the wealthy.
This paper suggests a wide range of proposals to improve local green spaces.Find out more
- “It may not quite be summer but we're having a late summer party with some of our grantees & other funders. We wish we could fit everyone in!”51 minutes ago
- “Come and work for Esmee: Social Investment Manager prospect-us.co.uk/jobs/details/h… … & Grants Manager prospect-us.co.uk/jobs/details/h… … #jobs”2 days ago
- “4 weeks to go to the @RPFHalfMarathon -the Esmee team are running for @woman_kind & asking for funds for a change: mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/gi…”2 days ago
- “Watch the live stream of the Music, Tech & Finance #OneDayer conference Fri 12 Sept 12.30-6.20pm here bit.ly/1no5SLt @tweetsatthehub”6 days ago
- “Watch the live stream of the Music, Tech & Finance #OneDayer conference Fri 12 Sept 12.30-6.20pm here bit.ly/1no5SLt.@tweet…”6 days ago