The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation aims to improve the quality of life throughout the UK.
Apply for funding
Read our helpful step by step guide.Apply for funding
New research from Policy Exchange, funded by Esmée Fairbairn, highlights the importance of parks and other urban green spaces to the social and economic wellbeing of the country.
Providing free outdoor space for exercise, socialising and relaxation, parks can benefit both physical and mental health. However, on average local authority spending on open spaces was cut by 10.5% between 2010/11 and 2012/13 and there is no ring-fence protecting the budget spent on maintaining green spaces. Combined with the increasing demand for housing and other urban development there is a risk that the UK’s parks will deteriorate or become spaces that are the preserve of the wealthy.
This paper suggests a wide range of proposals to improve local green spaces.Find out more
- “Grantee @WorkingWithMen1 says children's services need to engage more with men -inc. > 250,000 'stay at home dads' cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/11469…”6 days ago
- “MT @EVAWhd Delighted that Nicky Morgan is backing our Factsheet for Schools too! endviolenceagainstwomen.org.uk/schools-safe-4… …”6 days ago
- “.@Woodhorn's Collections Fund project with @theretronaut makes @BBCNews with Day out at the Gallows & other oddities bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-…”6 days ago
- “Grantee @EVAWhd has a joint petition with @EverydaySexism calling for compulsory sex & relationships education change.org/p/david-camero…”6 days ago
- “Grantee @PrisonersAdvice feature on Radio 4 tonight - Disabled and Behind Bars bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04…”2 weeks ago