The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation aims to improve the quality of life throughout the UK.
Apply for funding
Read our helpful step by step guide.Apply for funding
Two more years funding for key legal actions to protect young migrants
The Strategic Legal Fund for vulnerable young migrants will continue for two more years, hosted by Trust for London with co-funding from us along with new partners Unbound Philanthropy. Since the Fund was launched in December 2011, it has made 54 grants totalling £636,860.
It has so far made a contribution to important judgements on Exceptional Funding, the Residence Test for Legal Aid, the rights of trafficked people to compensation from their employers and the UK Border Agency's duty to consider child safeguarding and welfare in all aspects of immigration decisions.Find out more
- “Theresa May announces new domestic abuse offence gu.com/p/44agq/tw via @guardian”Yesterday
- “Microplastic deposits found deep in world's oceans and seas gu.com/p/448kz/stw #marine”2 days ago
- “The power of data to change lives from @CAADA_UK caada.org.uk/news/caada-ene… "we now have the evidence base to show how we've helped children"”3 days ago
- “Apologies - the office is now closing for the afternoon for our staff Christmas lunch - we'll be back on Monday, we promise.”1 weeks ago
- “Primary school pupils from poorest backgrounds achieve best-ever results gu.com/p/444t6/stw”2 weeks ago