The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation aims to improve the quality of life throughout the UK.
Apply for funding
Read our helpful step by step guide.Apply for funding
New £1 million Fund to test how parental engagement can help achieve more
When starting school, children from the poorest backgrounds are 19 months behind their most affluent peers of the same age.
We are happy to announce a £1 million fund with the Sutton Trust to support and evaluate projects working with parents of young children to bridge this attainment gap in the early and primary school years.Find out more
- “So sad to be saying goodbye to our fabulous Grants Manager, Marcella Kelshaw, today! Our loss is the City of Sydney's gain :-)”1 hour ago
- “Children at the theatre are best seen and heard: adults please note gu.com/p/43kk2/tw via @guardian”8 hours ago
- “Riveted by @WhoCaresTrust discussion of care and care leavers on channel 4 news- great to see & hear voices of care leavers”22 hours ago
- “We're currently supporting 90 theatres & theatre projects in the UK- we're always looking to do more! esmeefairbairn.org.uk/what-we-fund/s… #lovetheatre”2 weeks ago
- “New on our website: a concise summary of a @GlasgowUni project looking at the relationship of images to literacy esmeefairbairn.org.uk/news-and-learn…”2 weeks ago