Grant terms and conditions
If you accept a grant from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation it will be on the understanding that you have agreed the following general terms and conditions:
- If we make a grant offer you will need to complete and sign a grant acceptance and bank details form. This will provide us with your bank information, act as your acceptance of our grant conditions and as your confirmation that the money will be spent on the purpose approved by the Foundation. This form should be accompanied by a photocopy of a recent bank statement or a letter from your bank.
- No changes to the project will be made without our agreement. You must also inform us immediately of any proposed change relating to grant expenditure or the organisation. You must also inform us of any changes to the project even if you have not yet drawn down the grant.
- You should send a progress report following the guidelines sent with the offer letter; this will usually be at the end of each year of the grant. We will also need a copy of your approved annual report and accounts for each financial year during the period of the grant.
- You should keep accurate and comprehensive financial records of the spending of the grant, and submit these with your progress report at the end of each grant year. The grant should also be specifically acknowledged within your annual accounts for the year in which it was received.
The grant should be acknowledged in all printed materials that you produce about the work for which you have received funding, and acknowledged appropriately elsewhere, for example in annual reports or brochures. If you want to use our logo we can email it to you. Contact Laura Lines, Administrator – Communications and Resources, on 020 7812 3713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to use our logo for a purpose other than that stated above, for example on advertisements for funded posts or on signage, please contact Laura to discuss your plans.
If you want to acknowledge our grant in a press release or any other type of media coverage, please call Laura to talk it through.
We may also use your name in our publicity material.
- We may wish to visit to see the work funded during the life of the grant.
- Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved will be refunded to us.
- We reserve the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if: we find that any false information is supplied to the Foundation deliberately; the work undertaken is not the work for which the grant was approved (and if we have not been informed of and approved these changes); your organisation becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or liquidation, and if the grant has not already been spent on its intended purpose.
- We reserve the right to share the information you have provided with relevant parties (e.g. Charity Commission) where appropriate.
We will sometimes add additional conditions to an individual grant to take account of particular circumstances. These will be included in the grant offer letter.